COVID-19 Update (April 2nd, 2020)
In these unprecedented times, WOVNS weaving production continues to operate without delays. The weaving lead time hasn’t changed — weaving is completed 7 to 10 business days from the time of order. We are experiencing UPS and USPS delays, however. Please expect longer lead times with UPS Ground, UPS Worldwide Expedited and USPS International services. Complete weaving and shipping details can be found on our FAQ/ Purchase page. Should this status change, we will notify customers with open orders.
Our customer service team is available to support your needs Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (U.S. Pacific time): email@example.com
Thanks, WOVNS Team
What is WOVNS?
- WOVNS is a platform that enables designers to place their own designs into production for the creation of Jacquard woven fabric. The platform is accessible to anyone interested in creating their own woven fabric, from novices to design professionals and businesses. We also offer the WOVNS Collection, a curated selection of fabric by the yard, pillows, and throws.
- For wholesale and trade inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For B2B development and / or special orders, please visit WOVNS B2B page.
- If you are interested in having your design considered for inclusion in the WOVNS Collection, please check the box, “Please consider my design for the WOVNS Collection.”upon upload. Your designs are kept 100% private and exclusive to you unless you request to join our collection. For details, please visit our Terms page.
What is Jacquard woven fabric? How is it different from printed fabrics?
- Jacquard woven fabric features designs that are created through the interlacing of vertical and horizontal threads (also known as warp and weft threads). Unlike digital printing, the design is inherent to the construction of the material, yielding a fabric that is rich in texture. This textured fabric has varying drape-ability and durability, which is influenced by the fabric’s quality.
- Jacquard woven fabrics are created on a special loom called a Jacquard loom–an automated industrial grade loom which allows for the individual control of warp and weft threads, subsequently offering a high degree of detail in your design.
- Printed fabrics use a topical process to apply a design on top of a woven or knit fabric. Because the design is not woven into the fabric, but applied on top of the fabric with pigment, printed fabrics are much flatter in appearance.
What is the minimum amount of yardage I can order?
- The minimum order using the WOVNS qualities and color palettes is 1 yard.
What is the cost per yard?
- The cost is determined by the quality that you choose for your woven textile (Divan or Talma quality). The Divan quality is $45. / yard; the Talma quality is $48. / per yard (shipping not included).
What is the lead time for weaving and receiving my order once I have submitted my file?
- For details, please visit the Purchase tab on the WOVNS FAQ.
What fabric qualities do you offer? Will WOVNS offer more qualities and color palettes in the future?
- For launch, we offer two qualities and a range of color palettes. The qualities are named “Divan” and “Talma”.
- Talma is a 46″- 48″ wide cotton and rayon quality, suitable for soft home goods, products, and some apparel. The Talma quality has full width design capability, meaning that your design does not have to repeat, should you not want it to. Fabric weight per yard is 14 – 16 oz. For further details , please visit the Fabric Qualities tab of the WOVNS FAQ.
- Divan is a 54″ wide cotton, rayon and polyester quality, ideal for upholstery and products. The maximum repeat is 13.5″, and will repeat 4 times across the width of the goods. The fabric weight per yard averages 13.5 oz. For further details , please visit the Fabric Qualities tab of the WOVNS FAQ.
- Complete fabric specifications for these qualities can be found here.
Complete file specifications for your design can be found here.
- The Divan and Talma qualities are best suited for duo-tone and tri-tone designs, meaning designs with 2 – 3 colors, and inclusive of a range of values for your selected colors. For tips on working with these qualities, please visit our Tutorials section.
- Yes, we definitely plan on adding more fabric qualities, colors and price points in the coming year.
- For inquiries on special orders, tailored to your specific quality and / or color requirements, please visit the WOVNS B2B page. Minimum yardage requirements will apply.
Are samples available?
- WOVNS swatch blankets are available for order under the Design References and Products tabs on wovns.com. The WOVNS swatch blankets correspond to the color serieses available on our website, and allow you to see and feel our available fabric qualities, weaves and yarn colors.
- Sample packs, which include a set of samples designed with the Divan and Talma qualities, can also be found under the Design References and Products tabs on wovns.com.
- A la cart samples of fabrics from the WOVNS Collection can be found on each fabric product page.
- WOVNS does not currently offer sampling (less than 1 yard) of your own design.
What are “WOVNS color palettes”? How do I use them in my design? Can I use more than one palette in my design file? Can I use my own colors?
- The WOVNS color palettes are a series of palettes available for use in your design.
- When designing your file, you can use a download-able digital palette to color your design OR you can select a palette to apply to your design upon upload. The download-able digital palettes can be found on the WOVNS website by starting here. If you prefer to select a palette upon upload, you can proceed straight to the Create tab to begin the process.
- There are 20 different digital palettes per color series: Landscape, Eden, Spectrum, and Pastel are the names of the color serieses. The individual palettes within a given color series are numbered 1 -20, such as Landscape 1, 2, 3, for example.
- You can use a digital palette in your design by loading it into your (Photoshop or Illustrator) file and applying the colors to the different areas of your artwork. For details on how to use ASE and ACT color palette files, visit our Tutorials section. As mentioned above, one can also just select a palette via the WOVNS editor, and your design will be constrained to the colors available in the palette.
- Only one digital color palette may be used in a design file at a time.
- WOVNS swatch blankets are also available to aid in designing your fabric.These woven swatch blankets let you see and feel all the colors and weaves available in the WOVNS digital palettes offering. Each blanket set includes a complete color series: Landscape, Eden, Spectrum or Pastel.
- * Note: The WOVNS swatch blankets should be used as a reference for designing for the face of the fabric in most cases. With the exceptions of palettes 1 and 2 of each color series, the coloration on the back of the fabric will vary depending on the palette that you use in your design file. If you are referencing a WOVNS swatch blanket and would like to design for both the face and back of your fabric, only use palettes 1 or 2 from a given series. If you would like to design for both the face and back of your fabric, using a different palette number, such as Spectrum 9, for example, we suggest that you run a 1 yard test to see how all the colors weave on both the back and face of the fabric.
- If you would like to use your own colors in a design, this would be considered completely custom and minimums would apply. For details, please visit our B2B page.
How do I submit my file?
- To submit your file, please visit the Create tab, located on the WOVNS homepage.
- Please visit the Design section of this FAQ page to learn about creating your design and accepted file formats.