What is WOVNS?
- WOVNS is a platform that enables designers (or anyone) to place their own designs into production for the creation of Jacquard woven fabric.
- We also offer the WOVNS Collection, a curated selection of fabric by the yard, pillows, and throws. For wholesale and trade inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in having your design considered for inclusion in the WOVNS Collection, please check the box, “Please consider my design for the WOVNS Collection.” upon upload or contact us.
- For 100% Custom and B2B options, please visit WOVNS B2B page.
What is Jacquard woven fabric? How is it different from printed fabrics?
- Jacquard woven fabric features designs that are created through the interlacing of vertical and horizontal threads (also called warp and weft threads). Unlike digital printing, the design is inherent to the construction of the material, yielding a fabric that is rich in texture. This textured fabric has varying drape-ability and durability depending on the fibers used.
- Jacquard woven fabrics are created on a special loom called a Jacquard loom–an automated machine which allows for individual control of the warp and weft threads and a high degree of detail in your design.
- Printed fabrics use a topical process to apply a design on top of a woven or knit fabric. Printed fabrics are much flatter in appearance.
What is the minimum amount of yardage I can order?
- The minimum order using the WOVNS qualities and color palettes is 1 yard.
What is the cost per yard?
- The cost is determined by the quality that you choose for your woven textile (Divan or Talma quality). The Divan quality is $45. / yard; the Talma quality is $48. / per yard (shipping not included).
What is the lead time for weaving and receiving my order once I have submitted my file?
- Orders over 1 yard weave within 7 business days. Lead times on single yard orders are currently 10 – 15 business days.
- Shipping times are dependent on the shipping option and the delivery location you have selected. We offer UPS Ground and UPS Second Day Air. For details, please visit the Purchase tab on the WOVNS FAQ.
What fabric qualities do you offer? Will WOVNS offer more qualities and color palettes in the future?
- For launch, we offer two qualities and a range of color palettes. The qualities are named “Divan” and “Talma”.
- Talma is a 46″- 48″ wide cotton and rayon quality, suitable for soft home goods, products, and some apparel. The Talma quality has full width repeat capability, meaning that your design does not have to repeat, should you not want it to. Fabric weight per yard is 14 – 16 oz. For further details , please visit the Fabric Qualities tab of the WOVNS FAQ.
- Divan is a 54″ wide cotton, rayon and polyester quality, ideal for upholstery and products. The maximum repeat is 13.5″, and will repeat 4 times across the width of the goods. The fabric weight per yard averages 13.5 oz. For further details , please visit the Fabric Qualities tab of the WOVNS FAQ.
- Complete fabric specifications for these qualities can be found here.
Complete file specifications for your design can be found here.
- The Divan and Talma qualities are best suited for duo-tone and tri-tone designs, meaning designs with 2 – 3 colors, and inclusive of a range of values for your selected colors. For tips on working with these qualities, please visit our Tutorials section.
- Yes, we definitely plan on adding more fabric qualities, colors and price points in the coming year.
- For inquiries on completely custom options, tailored to your specific quality and / or color requirements, please visit the WOVNS B2B page. Minimum yardage requirements will apply.
Are samples available?
- WOVNS swatch blankets are available for order under the Design References and Products tabs on wovns.com. The WOVNS swatch blankets correspond to the digital palette serieses available on our website, and show all of the quality, physical weaves and resultant colors that are available for use.
- Sample packs, which include a set of samples designed with the Divan and Talma qualities, can also be found under the Design References and Products tabs on wovns.com.
- A la cart samples of fabrics from the WOVNS Collection can be found on each fabric product page.
- WOVNS does not currently offer sampling (less than 1 yard) of your own design.
What are “WOVNS color palettes”? How do I use them in my design? Can I use more than one palette in my design file? Can I use my own colors?
- The WOVNS color palettes are a series of download-able digital color profiles, required for use in your design.
- When designing your file, you can use a download-able digital palette to color your design OR you can select a palette to apply to your design upon upload. The download-able digital palettes can be found on the WOVNS website by starting here. If you prefer to select a palette upon upload, you can proceed straight to the Submit Design tab to begin the process.
- There are 20 different digital palettes per color series: Landscape, Eden, Spectrum, and Pastel are the names of the color serieses. The individual palettes within a given color series are numbered 1 -20, such as Landscape 1, 2, 3, for example.
- One uses a digital palette in his / her design by loading it into one’s design file and applying the colors to his / her artwork. For details on how to use ASE and ACT color palette files, visit our Tutorials section. As mentioned above, one can also just select a palette via the WOVNS uploader, and your design will be constrained to the colors available in the palette.
- Only one digital color palette may be used in a design file at a time.
- WOVNS swatch blankets are also available to aid in designing your fabric.These woven swatch blankets let you see and feel all the colors and weaves available in the WOVNS digital palettes offering. Each blanket set includes a complete color series: Landscape, Eden, Spectrum or Pastel.
- * Note: The WOVNS swatch blankets should be used as a reference for designing for the face of the fabric in most cases. With the exceptions of palettes 1 and 2 of each color series, the coloration on the back of the fabric will vary depending on the palette that you use in your design file. If you are referencing a WOVNS swatch blanket and would like to design for both the face and back of your fabric, only use palettes 1 or 2 from a given series. If you would like to design for the both the face and back of your fabric, using a different palette number, such as Spectrum 9, for example, we suggest that you run a 1 yard test to see how all the colors weave on both the back and face of the fabric.
- If you would like to use your own colors in a design, this would be considered completely custom and minimums would apply. For details, please visit our B2B page.
How do I submit my file?
- To submit your file, go to the Submit Design tab, located under the Create tab on the WOVNS homepage.
- Please visit the Design section of this FAQ page to learn about creating your design and accepted file formats.